Tuesday, April 19, 2011

iPad-Reflective-Katie Zuniga

As I mentioned in my visceral response, I am very interested in is using an ipad, or other tablet device, for my business. Off the top of my head I can think of at least three/four reasons I think it would improve efficiency in my work. These are on top of the fact that it had the ability to link up with all of my accounts and fits easily in my bag I take to all my meetings. I was ready on ipad home site about why they think an ipad is good for business purposes, http://www.apple.com/ipad/business/why-ipad/. They, of course, spend some time focusing on features that I think are less important. "The Muli-Touch screen on iPad is incredibly precise and responsive..." What I want to know is, how will it interact with my other devices? Wouldn't it be great if I was in a meeting at my studio and I was searching the web for photographers for one of my clients, once I was able to find a site I could "flick" it up to my flat screen tv. Or if I was looking at a website for a rental vendor and decided I wanted to call or head down to the location from there I was able to slide the site over to my smart phone sitting next to it on the table and all the information was loaded on the phone so that I didn't have to type it again. I would love to be able to have all of my web enabled devices to communicate without cords attached.

Lastly, I will say that as much as I am considering the iPad, I am going to wait and see how the TouchPad works, http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/09/6018305-hp-palm-touchpad-tablet-unveiled-webos-will-be-part-of-pcs-too. My husband told me that the TouchPad is in a suite of devices that communicate with each other and that really peaks my interest, enough that I think it is worth waiting for.    

No comments:

Post a Comment