Tuesday, April 19, 2011

iPad-Visceral/Behavioral-Katie Zuniga

The first time I interacted with an ipad was last summer (2010). When we first got the device it was on loan from one of Josh's coworkers. I was really excited to play with the device as I had not had much exposer to multi-touch devices yet. For the first week I was not impressed. I really didn't understand what it was good for, it wasn't a computer yet, it was way to big to us as a phone or even put in my purse.

Within a few months we got one for us. Josh was more impressed with it than me at first but after having it for almost 2 months I noticed something. My son, who was barley over three, had a very good grasp on how to use the device. I began to watch him closer and was totally impressed. He knew all the basic functions and gestures and did them as if he was born knowing what do to. He resized pictures, flipped through apps to find the games and movies. He knew how to turn the sound up and down, flipped the screen when needed and he even knew how to exit all the way back to the home screen and turn it off. We ended up putting a password on the itunes app because he started browsing for games! I could only assume he had watched Josh download something and copied the actions.

After watching Alexander for a couple days I decided to really sit down and play with this device. Now that we had one with our own accounts and apps I could really get into it. I started browsing the app stores and using it more and more. After six months or so I started looking at what type of change an ipad might make for my business. I have been looking at writable PDF apps for contract signing with new clients. Also, the camera function so that I can take pictures at venues and us them to draw on for layout and decoration ideas for the brides, I even got a new phone with mobile hot spot so that I can have internet access much easier when traveling for weddings or meetings.

I am very surprised that I like the ipad as much as I do. What I want to explore next is the HP TouchPad. I want to see if it's the ipad I like, or just having some type of touch technology equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment