Monday, April 25, 2011

Should I get the iPad or iPad 2?


After seeing the 1st generation iPad, I decided to do a little research on the newest iPad.  I found that the second generation iPad (the iPad2) that was just released on March 2, 2011 and was said to have many improvements over its predecessor.  It now has a much better Dual-Core Apple A5 processor vs. the 1st generation iPad.  Apple is stating that this new processor is twice as fast for CPU operations and up to nine times faster for GPU operations.  It also has a bigger battery, weighs less and is about 33% smaller in dimensions than the original iPad.  The memory was bumped up from 256 MB to 512 MB, and now has a 720p HD still and a 30fps video camera with a 5x zoom and a new type of environmental sensors.  It also has a much steeper price tag.

iPad:    16GB Wi-Fi only model was selling for $299 & the 16GB model for $399.
iPad 2: 16GB Wi-Fi only model was selling for $499 & the WIFI+3G 16GB model $629.

Are the improvements on the iPad 2 worth it? … Should you run out and get the newest biggest thing out in the iPad technology?  Well, I guess that would be up to you and how you value the dollar for these types of upgrades.  However, for me… I don’t believe it would be worth running out to get one for almost double the price of the original. Especially when they are now talking about the iPad 3!  Just think, you run out and get you iPad 2 and pay the extra funds just to find out that the iPad 3 will be release in a few months.  As for me, I think I’ll wait for the iPad 3.  Keeping up on technology is expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment