Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Star Trek!!! No, just the IPAD....

Star Trek! My first impression when I saw, then used the IPAD was, “this is like Star Trek!” The appliances and tools used on that show were very similar to the IPAD. Touch sensitive, mobile and sleek in design. The thin and futuristic design is not only attractive, but functional as well. This is not a Mini Cooper!. I would use this daily since is so enjoyable and easy to use. From a behavioral standpoint, the similarities to a day planner, (size, page access), feels comfortable. Having some familiarity with touch sensitive technology due to experience with an IPOD Touch and IPhone, my subconscious behavior took over regarding how to navigate and manipulate the screens and intuitive functions. While there were “issues” with the test unit, my overall impression is still the same. I am in awe of this technology, even with the proprietary aspects in accessibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment