Monday, April 25, 2011

My 1st visit with the iPad


When I was first told that we would be exploring the iPad device, I was intrigued.  I had not used one yet and was curious about all the hype I was hearing on this device.  I know its been around for a while ever since Steve Jobs used it to demo a project on stage, and every one was asking “what was that device you used to control this presentation?” 

After getting my hands on an iPad I saw that the layout and controls were much like my smart phone (G2).  The touch screen and apps were very similar in design with just slight difference.  I could see how this would be the way to the future for most customer orientated businesses as it is very portable and programmable with a variety of applications.  It’s also much smaller, lighter and thinner than most laptops, which would make it essential for business meetings.  It is also great for recreational use, but in my opinion this type of technology would be better suited for the business parameters. However, both sides of the coin (business and personal recreational users) would be well taken care of with one of these devices, especially with the upgraded 3G versions.

One of my favorite recreational apps on the iPad was the Urbanspoon.  This app would tell you all the restaurants in the area of your choosing by cost or review.  Or you could find them by reviews on a restaurant.  You can also download and watch a movie peace.  Also the Angry Birds app is pretty fun and addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment